Get a behind the scenes look at the road to the Olin Cup Competition final round with the Epi Squared Team in this video. The team is made up of undergraduate and graduate students from the School of Engineering & Applied Science, Olin Business School and the School of Medicine. They are developing an implantable device that would serve as a mobile solution to reducing the severity of epileptic seizures.
The Olin Cup Awards Ceremony is Thursday, Jan. 30, 2014, at 5 p.m. in May Auditorium. For more details, see story about keynote speaker David Karandish, CEO, Answers.com.
Finalists in this year’s Olin Cup competition are:
- Epi Squared*, developing an implantable mobile solution to reduce severity of epileptic seizures;
- Farmplicity*, an online marketplace making it easy for chefs to acquire local food;
- Genetix Fusion*, developing the next generation of transfection kits for biomedical researchers;
- Nanopore Diagnostics*, developing products that provide immediate molecular diagnostic testing;
- Stumpy’s Spirits*, locally sourced grain-to-glass premium spirits distiller;
- SynerZ Medical, developing an outpatient device for treatment of obesity and type 2 diabetes; and
- Zymplr, developing a helmet designed to reduce concussions in high-impact sports.
Teams marked with an asterisk * include Washington University students who are eligible for the $5,000 student cash prize.
Thanks to WUSTL Public Affairs for sharing this video.