Considering a career change? The Weston Career Center is offering working professionals and alumni a comprehensive Virtual Career Boot Camp this spring to assist with navigating career opportunities and transitions.
The bi-weekly, eight-session series is designed to enhance fundamental career development and transition skills. Course leaders will provide content at each session. In addition, the sessions will be interactive and provide an opportunity for participants to share and ask questions, as well as get to know other EMBAs, PMBAs and Olin alums.
You can sign up for the entire series or for individual sessions, depending on your interest. The series runs from 6-7:30 p.m. every other Wednesday from January 19 through April 27. When you register, you’ll get a follow-up email to select the sessions you plan to attend. If you plan to attend the entire series, select all sessions.
- January 19: Taking Charge of Your Career—Learn to set career priorities and objectives, along with the importance of attitude, preparation and giving throughout your career.
- February 2: Defining Your Personal Brand—Know who you are, your value proposition and how to differentiate yourself.
- February 16: Communicating Your Brand—Create effective marketing messages and materials including a resume, one-pagers and other visuals.
- March 2: Leveraging Social Media—This session focuses on the power of social media, particularly LinkedIn, in communicating your brand. Learn how to be found by recruiters and hiring managers, expand your network and applying for open positions.
- March 16: Creating Your Career Campaign—Establish your career/transition strategy and plan, including the use of resources, how to prioritize your efforts and how to stay organized.
- March 30: Building Professional Relationships—Strategies and approaches to build and expand your relationships over time.
- April 13: Acing the Interview—Preparing for and excelling at job interviews, and improving your chances of getting an offer.
- April 27: Negotiating the Offer—Negotiating an offer that works for you and is consistent with your value, ultimately improving your compensation over your career.
WCC career coaches Mary Houlihan, Don Halpin, Anne Petersen and Molly Thompson will lead the sessions.
To maintain the confidentiality of attendees, the sessions will not be recorded. The WCC will provide PowerPoint slides after each session.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.