In this “5 Things” we are looking at career planning tips you can employ in December and over Winter Break.
1) Plan. Are you thinking about what you want to do next summer or after graduation? Now is a great time to focus on developing and refining your action plan and strategy for next semester.
2) Research. Do you know what you want to do and where you want to work? Spend time using research tools found on OlinCareers to learn about functions, companies, and industries of interest to assess what’s a good fit for your career goals.
3) Network. Are you building relationships that will benefit your career strategy? Take advantage of opportunities—especially over Winter Break—to meet, connect, and learn from business professionals, alumni, friends and family, fellow students, faculty, and advisors.
4) Practice. Do you feel ready to interview in the spring? There is no such thing as too much practice! Polish your delivery of your value proposition and responses to basic behavioral questions.
5) Evaluate. How satisfied are you with your progress towards career goals? Ask yourself if you are taking advantage of all resources available for your career development. Take time to review what’s worked and what to focus on as next steps.