Poets & Quants names Olin MBA student Austin René Moulder among the best and brightest

• May 6, 2022
  • By Jill Young Miller
  • 1 minute read

Congratulations to Austin René Moulder, named this week to Poets & Quants’ list of the best and brightest MBA students.

Moulder, from Kansas City, Missouri, describes himself as a “proud 22-year-old Latino committed to advancing socioeconomic justice for disadvantaged communities by utilizing interdisciplinary solutions.”

Among other questions, P&Q asked him why he chose Olin Business School.

“I was raised in America’s Heartland. With all of the positive and negative connotations that accompany that statement, I believe that this region has incredible and untapped potential,” he replied.

“Washington University actively combats Midwestern brain drain by encouraging MBA students to stay in the region and build what I know to be an overlooked, yet beautifully rich and diverse part of our country. Their values-based, data-driven philosophy and approach to social impact comes to life in how they engage the greater St. Louis community.”

Well said!

About the Author

Jill Young Miller

Jill Young Miller

As research translator for WashU Olin Business School, my job is to highlight professors’ research by “translating” their work into stories. Before coming to Olin, I was a communications specialist at WashU’s Brown School. My background is mostly in newspapers including as a journalist for Missouri Lawyers Media, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Washington Post and the Sun-Sentinel in South Florida.

Contact Us

For assistance in finding faculty experts, please contact Washington University Public Affairs.

Monday–Friday, 8:30 to 5 p.m.

Sara Savat, Senior News Director, Business and Social Sciences
314-935-9615
sara.savat@wustl.edu

Kurt Greenbaum,
Communications Director
314-935-7196
kgreenbaum@wustl.edu

Twitter: WUSTLnews