Stretch your minds back to the late autumn of 2019. A year ago, voters were yet to cast their first ballots in the US presidential primaries. Most of us had never heard of a “coronavirus.” And the last issue of Olin Business magazine landed in your mailboxes.
Soon after, we dropped into your inbox a readership survey so we could better understand whether Olin Business was serving you the way we hoped. With our gratitude, we wanted to share a little about what we learned.
Would you rather read OB online?
- Short answer? Nope. Younger alumni were more likely to say yes, but no age group showed a majority preference for online.
How much time do you spending reading OB?
- Most of you said about half an hour.
How’s the length of OB magazine?
- Nearly 80% of you said “just right.”
What can we work on?
- Event information and coverage—and more stories about alumni.
But, what do you like about us? (percent “satisfied” or “completely satisfied”)
- Photos/graphics (80%)
- Quality of stories (77%)
- Presentation of stories (77%)
- Ease of reading (76%)
- Cover (75%)
What stories/departments do you love?
- Olin by the Numbers (59%)
- Class Notes (55%)
- Seen and Heard at Olin (52%)
- Elevator Pitch (37%)