WashU Olin alumni have continued to benefit from their membership in the community many years after leaving campus. This is part of an occasional series of vignettes about the alumni experience. Today, we hear from Jane (Donghui) Zhao, MSF ’15, green package analytics and support associate, BlackRock
Weekly meetings with Mark Schlafly, an adviser at Olin’s Weston Career Center, helped Jane Zhao navigate career issues and adapt to American culture in ways that have led to professional success.
“I’m personally very grateful for him because I feel he changed my personality while I was in school, so that definitely was the biggest win in addition to my degree,” she said. “It changed how I carry myself and everything else.”
Tapping all the resources the WCC provides helped Zhao land her current job with BlackRock in Wilmington, Delaware. Zhao continues to draw on Olin resources by returning twice a year to recruit for BlackRock. “We’re recruiting some really great students right now.”
She lauded Olin for providing students with soft skills such as communication, resume writing and language training. “The WCC has workshops that help you network and help navigate American culture,” Zhao said. “WCC is doing a really good job.”
Stay in touch.
Center for Experiential Learning
- Clare Nowogrocki, associate director 314-935-2050 | email@example.com
- Dorothy Kittner, MBA ’94, associate dean and director of business development and corporate relations 314-935-6365 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Alumni & Development
- Sean Martin, director of development 314-935-3687 | email@example.com
Weston Career Center
- Jen Whitten, associate dean and director 314-935-8970 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Bean, senior associate dean and professor of practice in leadership 202-797-6000 | email@example.com