WashU Olin alumni have continued to benefit from their membership in the community many years after leaving campus. This is part of an occasional series of vignettes about the alumni experience. Today, we hear from Onyi Oradiegwu, BSBME ’15/MBA ’15, consultant, Boston Consulting Group
While working as an internal auditor and process consultant at Owens Corning’s fiberglass plant in Tennessee, Onyi Oradiegwu decided she wanted to make the jump to management consulting. She connected with Olin for help during her case interview preparation process. The coaching and advice she received through Olin were integral to her interview preparation—and to receiving an offer from Boston Consulting Group.
“With each practice session, I grew more comfortable with my behavioral and case interview skills and more sure of my genuine interest in working as a management consultant,” she said. “Practice matters.”
Oradiegwu especially enjoyed being able to schedule time online with career advisers, the use of resume tools and access to a bank of prep materials. “I feel like I can rely on WashU and Olin for the rest of my life for support if I ever do look for another job,” she said. “I’m glad I was able to tap into those resources because it really did make a difference in my job interview.”
Stay in touch.
Center for Experiential Learning
- Clare Nowogrocki, associate director 314-935-2050 | email@example.com
- Dorothy Kittner, MBA ’94, associate dean and director of business development and corporate relations 314-935-6365 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Alumni & Development
- Sean Martin, director of development 314-935-3687 | email@example.com
Weston Career Center
- Jen Whitten, associate dean and director 314-935-8970 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Bean, senior associate dean and professor of practice in leadership 202-797-6000 | email@example.com