WashU Olin alumni have continued to benefit from their membership in the community many years after leaving campus. This is part of an occasional series of vignettes about the alumni experience. Today, we hear from Chris Sanderson, BSBA ’16, investment banking analyst, Metronome
A little more than a year ago, Chris Sanderson was working in valuation services for a large accounting firm. At that point, he wanted a career that aligned better with his finance major. So, he reached out to Olin and its Alumni & Development team.
He leveraged the team’s resources and plugged into the alumni network to make a career switch. “They did two things for me. They introduced me to various WashU alums, and they encouraged me to go to the Chicago alumni dinner in April,” Sanderson said. That’s where he connected with Jeff Rosenkranz, BSBA ’84, who founded Metronome, a Chicago-based investment banking firm, in 2010.
When Sanderson initially reached out to Olin, he was connected with Sean Martin, A&D’s director of development, who started the process. “We had a discussion about what I was looking for, and he explained his role with the alumni network,” Sanderson said. “He agreed to make introductions and was the one who recommended I attend the Chicago alumni dinner.” Sanderson began working at Metronome in June.
Stay in touch.
Center for Experiential Learning
- Clare Nowogrocki, associate director 314-935-2050 | email@example.com
- Dorothy Kittner, MBA ’94, associate dean and director of business development and corporate relations 314-935-6365 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Alumni & Development
- Sean Martin, director of development 314-935-3687 | email@example.com
Weston Career Center
- Jen Whitten, associate dean and director 314-935-8970 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Bean, senior associate dean and professor of practice in leadership 202-797-6000 | email@example.com