WashU Olin alumni have continued to benefit from their membership in the community many years after leaving campus. This is part of an occasional series of vignettes about the alumni experience. Today, we hear from Michael Tessier, MBA ’16, director of finance, Urban Chestnut Brewing Co.
Following a stint in the oil and gas business in Texas, Michael Tessier returned to St. Louis. Connections he forged while he was an MBA student with Urban Chestnut Brewing Co. cofounders David Wolfe and Florian Kuplent led to a job with the brewer.
Last year, Tessier returned to Olin, signing on Urban Chestnut Brewing Co. as a client for a project with the Center for Experiential Learning.
While earning his MBA in finance and strategy, Tessier had worked on a practicum project for Urban Chestnut focused on the brewer’s domestic production and marketing. Now, as the company’s finance director, he had the chance to leverage Olin students for a project that looked at financing options, production modeling and marketing for an autonomous German-based subsidiary of the brewer.
“The group helped formulate tools we still use today to evaluate the business,” Tessier said. “The university does a really nice job helping clients set up for success.”e, Urban Chestnut Brewing Co.
Stay in touch.
Center for Experiential Learning
- Clare Nowogrocki, associate director 314-935-2050 | email@example.com
- Dorothy Kittner, MBA ’94, associate dean and director of business development and corporate relations 314-935-6365 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Alumni & Development
- Sean Martin, director of development 314-935-3687 | email@example.com
Weston Career Center
- Jen Whitten, associate dean and director 314-935-8970 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Bean, senior associate dean and professor of practice in leadership 202-797-6000 | email@example.com