The annual China alumni dinner was March 9, 2019, in Shanghai, featuring about 400 alumni—incoming students, parents and friends of Washington University for the forum and meal.
The annual event aims to increase the visibility of Washington University overseas and to reconnect international alumni in China.
Kevin Xu, chair of the China Alumni Club and International Alumni, Michael Shen and EMOF Class 16 co-organized the event.
Kurt Dirks, vice chancellor for international affairs and Bank of America Professor of Leadership, attended the dinner and shared updates of Washington University with the attendees. He also thanked Kevin Xu for his outstanding leadership of China Alumni Club.
Faculty, staff and guest attendees included:
- Ohad Kadan, H. Frederick Hagemann, Jr. Professor of Finance and Vice Dean for Education and Globalization at Olin Business School.
- Steve Malter, senior associate dean of undergraduate and graduate programs at Olin Business School.
- David Konig, professor of history and professor of law at Washington University School of Law.
- Bill Xu, head of China office, Washington University in St. Louis.
- Emma Zhao, international alumni and development programs.
- Paul Shao, managing director for the Washington University–Fudan University joint Executive MBA program in Shanghai.
- Roy Li, investment associate at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Dean Xiongwen Lu, School of Management, Fudan University