In Bloomberg Businessweek’s first joint ranking of global MBA programs, WashU Olin placed 37th among the world’s full-time, two-year programs. WashU’s MBA had previously ranked 32nd in the publication’s ranking of US-based programs—up four spots from our 2017 ranking.
The publication’s US ranking was released November 8. Bloomberg Businessweek’s new global ranking—released late St. Louis time on December 10—combined for the first time its previously separate rankings of US and international programs.
In addition to survey results from schools, students, alumni, and corporate recruiters, the publication relied on five new assessment criteria to evaluate the full-time MBA programs: income, learning, networking, diversity, and transformation.
Olin’s strong placement among global programs in compensation—where the school placed 28—helped drive the 37th-place ranking in the overall global list.
Bloomberg will continue to publish its US-only ranking. Here is a rundown of other recent ranking results for WashU Olin Business School.
- On December 2, the Financial Times ranked WashU Olin eighth—a jump of nine spots—in its list of top b-schools of the Americas, a composite of its postgraduate rankings for full-time MBA, Executive MBA, and executive education programs.
- In early November, Bloomberg Businessweek ranked WashU Olin’s full-time MBA 32nd in the country, up four places from the previous year.
- The Financial Times global MBA ranking in March, in which WashU Olin jumped 18 places, landing the school in the world’s top 50.
- In the FT’s global ranking of executive MBA programs last month, our Shanghai Executive MBA moved up to sixth in the world.
- In November’s ranking of entrepreneurship programs by the Princeton Review, WashU held firm on its No. 7 ranking for undergraduate programs and moved up four spots to rank No. 18 in the graduate program ranking.
- The Economist’s 2018 global ranking of MBA programs, also in October, placed WashU Olin 37th in the world, up six places from the previous year.
- Poets & Quants’ undergraduate ranking in 2017 had WashU Olin placed in the top two in the nation along with Wharton.
- The TFE Times master of science in finance rankings placed WashU Olin fourth in the United States in 2018.
- The debut Times Higher Education ranking released December 6 put WashU Olin’s full-time MBA at No. 20 and our master of science in finance at four (requires paid account).