Chronic dehydration is a widely reported problem among Americans. We may drink plenty of liquid, but researchers often say it’s the wrong kinds of liquid. Diuretics such as caffeine-rich coffee and soft drinks—or alcohol—cause us to urinate more, rather than retain the water we drink.
Most of the current hydration products are consumed before or after exercise or alcohol consumption, instead of while engaging in these activities and when people need to hydrate most. Daniel Schindler says BetterTomorrow can come to the rescue.
After realizing that he and others were not hydrating effectively, especially when drinking alcohol, exercising, and traveling, Schindler came up with a solution: a flavorless liquid supplement for any drink—including water, coffee, beer, wine, or cocktails—that BetterTomorrow began marketing in May. BetterTomorrow is focused on helping people hydrate when they need it most, as opposed to before or after.
His company developed its formula based on World Health Organization recommendations for rehydration. A few dashes of the BetterTomorrow additive provide consumers with the electrolytes and other supplements needed to better retain water as they take it in.
Work on the company began two years ago, but Schindler credits his past year in Cliff Holekamp’s entrepreneurship classes— including the “Hatchery” course—for helping him hone his business plan, make insightful connections, and develop the business.
That work has yielded a partnership with St. Louis’ Mission Taco Joint, the Austin Beer and Run Club, and other wellness-focused businesses across the United States. Meanwhile, he’s working on getting in front of potential investors to take BetterTomorrow to the next level.
- Incorporated in March 2017.
- May 1, 2018: Began serving in partnership with St. Louis-based Mission Taco.
- Each 40-serving dasher bottle of BetterTomorrow concentrate costs $20.
- Daniel Schindler, MBA ’19, CEO/Co-Founder
- Eddie Zelenak, CMO/Co-Founder
- Cole Puchi, COO/Co-Founder
- Lianli Li, Pharmaceutical Expert
- February 2018: The TigerLaunch Startup Competition in Chicago selected BetterTomorrow as a regional finalist.
- March 2018: Product demonstration at the Nightclub and Bar trade show in Las Vegas to 10,000 attendees. The team received over 500 interested leads and was selected as one of 12 emerging companies to pitch to influential leaders in Las Vegas’s bar and nightclub industry.
- Recipient of Holekamp Seed Fund grant.