The Social Enterprise and Innovation Competition’s annual kick-off event on Sept. 15 will celebrate the 2016-2017 awardees and launch the 2017-2018 cohort. Register online for this free event. It will be held off campus at Paraquad: Health and Wellness Center, 5200 Berthold Ave.
Entrepreneurs interested in participating in the 2017-2018 SEIC cohort should apply by September 22. Link to apply.
The Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation Competition (SEIC) is part of a series of business development competitions and impact hack-a-thons hosted by Washington University in St. Louis. SEIC is one of the flagship social entrepreneurship activities in St. Louis and plays a key role in the social innovation ecosystem.
Through the SEIC, you and your organization will receive:
- A one-year intense entrepreneurship support program
- Structured workshops
- Access to community mentors and SEIC staff
- Opportunity to receive small amounts of investment during the year, depending on the venture type and your progress
- Coaching from research team of SEIC
- Opportunity to be matched with graduate-level interns from Washington University, depending on the venture type and your progress