I am pleased to announce the inaugural members of the Olin Diversity and Inclusion Committee for the year 2015. These members of our student body, faculty and staff represent the diverse composition of the Olin community.
· Cory Barron, Olin Executive Programs
· Frederick Brown, PMBA 37, Co-President, Olin Diversity Council
· Colton Calandrella, BSBA 2017
· Jacqueline Carter, Olin Graduate Programs
· Curtis Cassel, EMBA 44
· Annetta Culver, WCC
· Radha Gopalan, Olin Faculty
· Yoon Groves, BSBA Program
· Yichen (Ellen) He, MSSCM 2014/MBA 2016, OWIB President
· Greg Hutchings, Olin Graduate Programs
· Jessica Landzberg, BSBA 2017
· Judy Milanovits, Olin Marketing
· Judi McLean Parks, Olin Faculty, Faculty Development Chair
· Fabiola Paz, MBA 2016, Co-President, Olin Diversity Council
· Patrick Smith, EMBA 45
· Delisle Warden, MBA 2016, GBSA VP Diversity
The committee will be co-chaired by a faculty/staff member and a student. As I stated in a previous e-mail, this committee will examine our current culture, academic and professional development programs, student recruitment, and the composition of students, faculty and staff related to diversity and inclusion.
Among their deliverables will be a broad definition of diversity and regular analysis and investigation into ways to improve diversity and inclusion within the Olin community. The committee will also be tasked with creating short- and long-term action plans outlining specific projects and initiatives that are consistent across programs, starting with the suggestions from our students delivered in January. The committee will also coordinate with Washington University and its efforts on this front.
Please join me in thanking our Olin students, faculty and staff for their leadership on this important initiative.
Image: An artist captured the conversation when the Washington University community gathered for a series of panel conversations and open forums to explore critical issues facing our university community in Emerson Auditorium and Frick Forum in February 2015. Photo by James Byard/WUSTL Photos