Thank you for your generosity during the special PB&Joy food drive to help our neighbors in Ferguson and surrounding areas. We donated 373 pounds of food collected in the four Olin bins! Here are some other details about the University-wide campaign:
· Our colleagues at Operation Food Search mentioned numerous times that Washington University was the first of their community partners to step up and offer to help following the incidents in Ferguson. They are deeply grateful for our contributions and our desire to assist.
· 32 bins were placed across all University campuses
· 3830 pounds of food were donated
Operation Food Search was delighted with the prevalence of canned chicken & tuna, which is sorely needed. This food has already gone out to the 8 partner agencies in/near Ferguson, and to St. Louis Crisis Nursery / Florissant which is going door to door in Camden Green.
· $1270 was donated to Operation Food Search. A portion of this was used to cover freight to deliver 360,000 diapers to Ferguson and neighboring communities.
· Operation Food Search calculates that our drive allowed 1,789 people to eat for a day.
We look forward to once again participating in the annual PB&Joy food drive in April 2015 and the friendly competition between Students and Faculty/Staff to win the title of biggest donor.
Your PB&Joy Ambassadors