EMBA Ambassadors

EMBA alumnae and current students from classes 41 through 47 met at the Knight Center with the EMBA staff on Tuesday, November 10 to discuss the possibility of forming an EMBA Ambassadors group. Meg Shuff, Assistant Dean of EMBA Recruiting and Admissions, explained that in participating in the Executive MBA Council, which shares best practices for EMBA programs globally, the Olin EMBA staff heard about an EMBA Ambassadors group at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. She said, “We just want to open the door for the conversation right now, but we did feel that while EMBA is represented at the Olin Board level, that we could create a hybrid of what Chicago Booth is doing and fill the void we are lacking now by not having a dedicated group of specifically EMBA alums supporting specifically the EMBA Program.” She also noted that Barb Braun, EMBA 42, had volunteered to organize and bring the group together to begin the conversation.

EMBA attendees of the meeting shared the reasons they would want to participate in an EMBA Ambassadors group at Olin. Dave Davis, EMBA 42 said, “I got a lot from the program so I feel like reinvesting my time in the program is important. We all invested in a brand and I want to continue to invest in that brand, and I also miss my friends.”  Asked about the most memorable thing for her about her EMBA, Sandy Schlict, EMBA 44, said, “I think the connections have been the best thing for me and I would love to stay in touch with the great people I’ve met. It’s really opened up a whole new world for me, and I see the world in a different way, and if I can help that expand I would like to be a part of that.”

EMBA Ambassadors conversations are ongoing, If you are interested in participating, please contact Angie Bauman at abauman@wustl.edu.

In News
Tag , , ,